Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday am awake and well at 9am. Considering options.

Should I take next Sunday off and go to meet Medved in San Berdino at the Hilton?  $20 for the two hour talk, $19 more for the meet and greet at 4 to 5pm.  I probably will go.  Sign up Monday am.

Goals for two days off starting Monday:

Haircut,
Order Medved tickets,
Call Dell re 27 inch monitor hold at ups,
Contact FTB re settlement,

Start and recycle the Honda to the State of California for $1,000,

Check on replacement HDD for the Toshiba laptop,

Update all meds from Kaiser, including the ointment.

Check on Marion's house, change the mail forwarding address as well.

Buy the Wal Mart HD TV antenna today before going to work.

Sell back many of these over whelming dvds around here.

Change the oil and have the wonderful Taurus checked out at Galpin Ford.  Check filters, particularly the cabin filter and the air passage from the engine compartment to the passenger compartment.

Time to rotate the tires?  If not now, then when?

I retired on May 14, 2011, on my 66th birthday.  I am continuing to work because I enjoy earning the double income and I don't have enough money yet to do the things I want to do.  I hope to work until April or May 14, 2012.

Then I plan to drive to Los Gatos, Monterey, Idahoe, Texas, Ohio, Rockford, Chicago, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Niagra Falls, Washington D.C., and back home again in a round trip.

I am looking into a sub 1000 pound trailer to tow behind my Taurus.  It needs a bed, a big table, a refrigerator and freezer, and a bathroom with a shower, if it is to be livable.  I could always buy the water where I am staying and use an electric heater to heat the water on demand.  How hard would it be to make a shower.  How about a camp shower stored in the trailer when not in use?  How often do I need a shower if I am only driving in an air conditioned car?  Every few days?  Or along the way at COA campgrounds showers?  I'll look into this.

I could also save the money of the cost of the trailer and simply stay in motels along the way.  That way, no shower issues, much.

I want an internet connection, fast, and reliable as well while on the road.

This log is turning into a stream of consciousness record of my plans.  This is a good thing!









No comments:

Post a Comment