Updating iPhone, iPad, iPods, and all other up datable devices. I recall Paul Thurrott and Andrew Zarian talking about the future of computing. My thoughts:
You need a large screen to compute properly. Big text, bright pictures, extra detail, good keyboard, powerful ac driven cpu with large hard drives, probably a nas, raid storage, cloud storage, and definitely internet access and storage. All of this, and more, can only be done on a powerful desktop, not a laptop, or a tablet, or a phone mobile device. To be sure, we need portable devices and hand held devices, but the main job of a computer is not to run apps, be they Apple, Android, or Windows phone or Win8 apps. Apps are small, portable programs that do specific tasks. Computer programs are large, complex programs that download, convert, process, print, or otherwise output data for better use of the user.
An app is to a complete physical exam by a trained physician as a blood pressure test is to a complete physical exam by the team at the hospital, including labs, diagnostic imaging, and such. I'll add more as I think of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment