Saturday, July 30, 2011

These are the times that try men's souls...

or, at least, my soul.  A frustrating day today.  I was late by a bit for work, we had neither bacon or sausage for breakfast, Mr T called out, I forgot the iPad on the floor here, Tamisha said no video games or electronics til after lunch, which only leaves the kids 90 minutes to play games that they live for.
Then Rhonda and Tamisha said they were going to get chilli for the kids lunch.  They both left at 1130 am and didn't even call back until 1230 pm to state that they wouldn't have time to make the chilli so I should let the kids eat now.  The tamales were overdone, there were no side dishes, and Tamisha and Rhonda showed up at 1235 with a big bag of salads from California Pizza Kitchen for themselves, which they ate in front of the kids, in spite of the rule against it.
I started the logs and didn't have time to finish them because I couldn't get the new printer to take my one sd card.  Another one worked ok.  I finally printed the pictures and talked with Fatoma about the printer and left work a half hour late, after finishing the logs and carrying the two backpacks and two other bags to the car.  Then my check engine light came on and I am about a quart low of oil, so I am hoping it is just a bit low on oil.  I'll see Monday, if it still runs.

Now to have Laura's chili relanao and enjoy my time off til tomorrow.  I will ask Mike to allow me to work 3 to 11 pm both Saturday and Sunday.  Call Monday am.  A heck of a day, but I still feel good and hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment